Sunday, June 17, 2012

BEING A GIRL-1

Why do we celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day separately, when there should be a Parent's Day. They are a team together. Expressing love for one without considering the other doesn't feel fair enough to me.
I now know what people mean when they say a girl loves her parents more than a guy. If a guy loses his parents its when they leave this world but the girl loses them way before that, when she gets married.
All those days when I have been low, my dad gave me a tight hug, a pat on my back and held my head in his hands. And like magnets, his hands would pull out all the worries out of my head.
Whenever I had a fight with friends, my dad has become one himself playing and sometimes fooling around with me.
Whenever the people around, teachers, strangers or friends have made me evil in my own eyes, my mother's eyes have never failed to portray me as a star. Oiling my hair and plaiting them neatly she has always uncluttered my mind and my life. Food from even the most finest silverware cannot match the taste of food she has fed me by her hands.
And all of a sudden a stranger will come and take me away from my heroes. I will be madly in love and wanting to start a new life with him, dreaming my days and night with him with no thoughts about leaving my parents. But not too late, just one fight and I will realize no matter what, no one can match those two angels in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment