Sunday, November 4, 2018

THE Mother WHO LET'S HER KID FALL

I often get those looks when my child falls and I don't run to pick him up. "such an insensitive mom", "careless mom". But I actually feel good because while these people, mostly women are cursing me, my son gets up, dusts himself and moves on to the same activity again that made him fall. He did not need me. It was something he can cope with himself.

"Tough mom. Ehh." Some would say. But I was not this. I cried my eyes out when he got his ears pierced (hindu scientific reasons), when he got vaccinated, when he fell for the first time. But I learnt my way, slowly. Remember the first article I wrote on Motherhood ( http://me-n-ideas.blogspot.com/2016/07/journey-to-motherhood.html ). They mold the way you want. If you make a big deal out of small things, they do that too. Falling is a part of learning and my son gets it at an early age. He now even does that skillfully. He never let's his head fall first. He is more careful, observant and vigilant.

So yeah, I am the mother that let's her kid fall.

2 comments: